Join Errol MD, the American Heart and Stroke Associations, and individuals across the world in raising awareness for World Stroke Day, today, October 29th!
Many may know the seriousness of Stroke, with fast facts such as:
- Stroke is the No. 1 cause of preventable disability worldwide.
- Stroke is the No. 4 cause of death in the U.S.
- Asia, Russia & Eastern Europe have the highest rates of stroke mortality and disability.
Yet while someone in the U.S. suffers a stroke every 40 seconds &someone dies from a stroke every 4 minutes, did you know that one in three Americans cannot recall any of the stroke warning signs.
October 29th recognizes World Stroke Day to help increase education and knowledge of stroke warning signs awareness in the United States.
How can you help the campaign?
Learn to Spot a Stroke
Warning signs: Face Drooping, Arm Weakness, Speech Difficulty and Time to Call 911.
Share the FAST Graphic on Social Media to spread the word!
Some great examples to spread the word via social media:
- Twitter: When you can recognize a stroke & get help fast, you save a life.
Education is why. #LifeisWhy #WorldStrokeDay bit.ly/10J7I2m
- Pinterest: » bit.ly/1ByF2Iu. Show your support for the millions of survivors and families affected by stroke each year. Order your Stroke Solidarity String now to have it in time for #WorldStrokeDay!
- Instagram:» Include a screenshot of the app or photo of person using the app. If you don’t know what to look for, you can’t save a life. #WorldStrokeDay is 10.29 bit.ly/10J7I2m